Garlicky Spinach and Enoki Mushroom Salad
This Chinese spinach salad is one of those I have regularly in summer. Garlic, spinach and mushrooms are healthy and can be really tasty if you cook them well. They are all low in carbs and high in various nutrition; they can regulate blood pressure and blood sugar. Though there might be potential downsides but a balanced diet means nothing should be overconsumed. This dish are suitable for my healthy condition and I think for most of you.
This salad can be served warm or chilled in fridge. It can be fully vegetarian, just replace usual oyster sauce with vegetarian oyster sauce. It’s so easy to prepare, only 3 steps needed.
- Spinach, 500g
- Enoki mushroom, 200g
- Garlic, 6 cloves or more
- Dried chili, 3, optional
- Olive oil, 3tbsp
- Light soy sauce, 1tbsp
- Oyster sauce, or vegetarian oyster sauce, 1tbsp
- Sugar, 1/2tsp
- Sichuan peppercorn flakes, 1/2tsp
How to do –
1. Fried garlic is tasty and healthy so don’t hesitate to use more; chili is optional if you don’t eat any spicy food; garlic and chili roughly chopped; Sichuan peppercorns can be easily obtained in Chinese grocery store. I usually purchase whole peppercorns, wash, pan-fry till fragrant, then grind to fine flakes, or you could just purchase flakes in small jar; spinach and Enoki mushrooms washed, mushroom cut off the root part;
2. Bring a big pot of water to boil then blanch the spinach and mushroom for a minute; drained and cooled down to room temperature; squeeze the spinach and mushroom with your palms to bring out most of the juice;
3. Heat 2-3tbsp of olive oil in hot saucing pan, pan-fry garlic and chili till golden and fragrant; put in Sichuan peppercorn flake, turn off the heat, put in the rest seasoning ingredients, mix well; pour on top of the spinach.
- 菠菜 500克
- 金针菇 200克
- 蒜 6瓣
- 干辣椒 3颗(选用）
- 橄榄油 2汤匙
- 生抽 1汤匙
- 蚝油 1汤匙
- 糖 半茶匙
- 花椒末 半茶匙
3 thoughts on "蒜蓉菠菜金針菇 : Garlicky Spinach and Enoki Mushroom Salad"