Stir-fried Curry Mung Bean Vermicelli
Under influence of South Asian and Southeast Asian cuisine, Cantonese also love curry. Curry powder or curry sauce Cantonese like are similar to Madras curry but with star anise and cinnamon which are two common Chinese spice. It’s easy to obtain curry sauce locally. There are a variety of Cantonese dishes seasoned with curry sauce, such as stir-fried mixed vegetable, chicken, beef, pork, tofu, or barbecued meats, or braised brisket and fish balls.
Glass noodles are a popular ingredient in Asia. In China, glass noodles, also called ‘fensi’, are usually made from mung bean starch. They can be used in stir-fry, such as with pork, vegetable, or in soup, with tofu, or duck meat, or to steam with chicken, scallop. Well, it’s one of the most adaptable ingredients in Cantonese cuisine.
This curry vermicelli stir-fry recipe is inspired by the very famous dish called ‘Ants climbing a tree’, which is glass noodles with spicy ground pork on top.
How to do –
1. Onion chopped; chili sliced; ginger and garlic finely chopped;
2. Marinate the ground pork – in a mixing bowl, put in pork, ginger and garlic, 1tbsp of light soy sauce, 1tbsp of Chinese cooking wine, 1tsp of sugar, 1tsp of cornstarch, mix well;
3. Dried vermicelli soaked in water for a few minutes till turns soft, give it some cut with a scissor;
4. Heat 2tbsp of oil in hot wok, stir-fry the pork in medium high heat till golden and fragrant; move aside then also stir-fry onion and chili till fragrant;
5. Season with 1tbsp of curry paste and oyster sauce, stir-fry till fragrant;
6. Put in the vermicelli, stir-fry and mix well with chopsticks and specula. Sprinkle 2tbsp of rice wine and 1/2cup of water, lid on and cook in medium-high heat for about 3 minutes;
7. Vermicelli absorbs sauce instantly; sprinkle a handful of chopped green onion on then heat off;
8. Serve hot right away or to perfect the dish, if it’s available, heat up a small pan or pot, such as clay pot, drizzle 1tbsp of oil on, than transfer the vermicelli in, you would have a crispy noodle crust at the pan bottom. Sprinkle some toasted sesame seeds on top, then serve.
- 猪肉末 200克
- 粉丝 100克，2把
- 洋葱 1/3个
- 姜 10克
- 蒜 3瓣
- 红泰椒 4颗
- 葱 2根
- 咖喱膏 1汤匙
- 蚝油 1汤匙
- 生抽 1汤匙
- 糖 1茶匙
- 生粉 1茶匙
- 广东米酒 3汤匙