Quick Stir-fried Chicken Wings with Black Bean Sauce
Fermented black soybean/douchi is a common seasoning ingredient in many Chinese dishes, especially Cantonese, such as Steamed Pork Ribs with fermented black soybeans. This black seasoning ingredient can be obtained easily everywhere in most of the Chinese grocery stores, it tastes similar to soy sauce but with even richer flavour. Canned fermented black soybeans with Fried Carp is one of the most popular canned food for Cantonese. Usually people like to pair it with green chili pepper, such as Stir-fried Green Chili Pepper with fermented black soybeans.
This recipe is one of the most popular sample Cantonese home stir-fry. With the same seasoning ingredients, you could make stir-fried pork, beef, clams, fish fillet, squid, etc.
For more of my recipes with fermented black soybeans, read the following –
Stir-fried Chili Peppers with Fermented Black Soybeans
Braised Duck with Black Bean Sauce
Stir-fried Bitter Melon with Canned Fried Dace and Fermented Black Soybeans
Steamed Rice with Pork Ribs with Fermented Black Soybeans
Beef Chow Fun with Black Bean Sauce
- Chicken mid wings, 10
- Green chili pepper, 1
- Chinese celery, 1 small bunch. Also called leaf celery. This thin celery is with much richer celery flavour than usual type. You could obtain it in Chinese grocery stores. If unavailable, just replace it with spring onion
- Thai red chili, 2
- Garlic, 6 cloves
- Fermented black soybeans, 1.5tbsp
- Light soy sauce, 2tbsp
- Sugar, 1tsp
- Cantonese rice wine, 2tbsp. Or any Chinese cooking wine
How to do –
1. Garlic peeled; chilies roughly sliced; Chinese celery washed, cut into 2inches matchstick, keep the leaves;
2. Heat 2tbsp of oil in hot wok, in medium heat, pan-fried the chicken wings till golden, when flip to other sides, put in the garlic, pan-fry all together till golden and fragrant. In this way, the chicken wings would be almost cooked and would burnt;
3. Put in fermented black soybeans, red chili, soy sauce, sugar, rice wine, flip and stir well, lid on and cook in medium-high heat for 2 minutes;
4. Remove the lid, turn up to high heat, put in chili and Chinese celery, flip the wok and stir well in seconds, then serve right away, with steamed rice.
- 开盖，转大火，放入青椒和唐芹, 颠锅翻炒均匀后即可出锅。