Okra and Tofu in Ginger Dressing
In summer, there is always salad or appetizer in my dinner table. Instant silky tofu is my No.1 choice. So no more nonsense, here’s one of my favourite appetizer with instant tofu. It wouldn’t take more than 5 minutes preparation and cooking!
Instant silky tofu, 1;
Okra, about 4;
Light soy sauce, 2tbsp’
Syrup, 1tbsp. Well I always use syrup when the dressing is cold, sugar wouldn’t easily dissolve in cold liquid;
Sesame oil, 1tbsp.
How to do –
1. Poach the okra in boiling water for about 2 minutes till colour changes;
2. Remove from the pot, cut off the top end, then sliced;
3. Instant tofu needs no cooking, remove the package, and place in a plate, cut a tiny hole in the corner of the package with a scissor and the tofu can loose easily. Then put the okra on top;
4. Let’s make the dressing. Crush 20g of ginger, mix with 2tbsp of light soy sauce and 1tbsp of syrup to balance;
5. Pour on and drizzle a few drops of sesame oil.