Immune Boosting Stir-fry, Garlicky Mushrooms and Tofu
Living in Hong Kong, me and my family had worked from home for two months since Chinese New Year, end of February, due to the spreading of coronavirus. In recent weeks, we have been out to work in office constantly. However, my friends in England told me that they are now going through just like what Chinese been through in China for the previous two months, working from home, staying home all week long. What a time this is for all of us. My thoughts go out to everyone and hope you all stay safe and healthy.
Human beings must learn to respect the nature. We are only one of the living creatures of the world like many others. For individual, stay healthy, keep fit, and try to eat naturally. I am writing these two vegetarian recipes, one salad and one stir-fry, just enough to serve four. These two dishes are packed with immune system boosters, such as lemon, garlic, soy, and mushroom. It takes less than half an hour to prepare.
- Extra firm tofu, 1, 300g
- Mixed mushrooms, 400g, choose those you like
- Garlic, 10 cloves, peeled
- Garlic sprout, 1 stalk, optional
- Thai red chili, 1, optional
- Light soy sauce, 2tbsp
- Sugar, 1tsp
- Salt, 1/2tsp
How to do –
1. Tofu and big mushrooms cut into bite size;
2. In hot wok, sauté the garlic till golden and fragrant in a few tablespoons of olive oil;
3. Move them aside, put in the tofu cubes, in medium high heat, pan-fry till golden;
4. Put in the mushrooms, flip and mix well, lid on, cook for two or three minutes;
5. Put in thinly sliced garlic sprout and chili, 1tsp of sugar, 1/2tsp of salt and 2tbsp of soy sauce to season, flip and mix well, then serve with steamed rice.