Garlicky Peas Gnocchi
In my previous post, I made fresh gnocchi. Now I would like to share one of my summertime gnocchi recipes, only with three simple ingredients, garlic, peas and cheese. I use cheddar and parmesan, the most common types. Anyway you could choose any cheese you like, I know goat cheese is very popular recently. It only takes 5 minutes to prepare and cook, and it’s a vegetarian recipe.
Freshly-homemade gnocchi, for 1 serving, about 200-250g;
Frozen peas, or fresh, 1/2 cup;
Garlic, 4 cloves;
Cheddar, parmesan, olive oil.
How to do –
1. Garlic finely chopped. I use quite a lot garlic in this recipe;
2. Peas roughly chopped;
3. Bring a big pot of water to boil in high heat, put in gnocchi, and cook till they float on the water. It should be very quick, only take 1 or 2 minutes, if the gnocchi is freshly made;
4. Heat 3 to 4 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan, put in garlic and stir-fry till fragrant and golden;
5. Transfer the poached gnocchi in the pan, also put in the peas, flip and stir-fry in medium-high heat for 1 or 2 minutes;
6. Grind some cheddar on, don’t overdoes otherwise it would be too salty, then it can be plated;
7. Grind some Parmesan on, also drizzle some drops of extra virgin olive oil on before serving