Scrambled Egg with Salty Dry Radish
I was buying tofu in the farmer’s market today and noticed they sold these dry radish. The owner said she made them herself and hoped me to try. I haven’t had these for quite a long time. It’s usually a bit salty and good to have with congee, or fry with pork. I asked the shop owner how she would make it, and she suggested to fry with egg! Well, this is something I never tried so I guess I would have a try.
She didn’t explain more on how to do so I would just do it in my way. It turned out so simple so delicious. So I would like to share with you.
Salty dry radish, 70g;
Chopped spring onion, a generous handful.
How to do –
1. Salty dry radish is supposed to be salty. Have a try before cooking. I would like them soaked in water for 15 minutes;
2. Chop them into small dices;
3. Egg whisked. In a small mixing bowl, add a little water to dissolve the starch and mix with the egg;
4. Heat some oil in hot pan, put in the radish dices, and fry till fragrant;
5. I would like to put in some sugar to balance the saltiness. Keep frying in medium high heat;
6. Put in the egg mixture and fry till almost set;
7. Put in some chopped spring onion, flip and mix well, then turn off the heat. Serve right away.