Friends saw my Instagram and Weibo post and asked how I make fried dumplings. So this is a quick post. For making tasty pan-fried dumplings, I would prefer those with thicker wraps so that they would turn crispy cracker like bottom.
Toasted sesame seeds and green onion, optional.
How to do –
1. Use a non-stick pan, better choose a pan that can fit the amount of dumplings;
2. Heat about 2tbsp of oil in a hot pan, put in the dumplings. If you have frozen dumplings, don’t defrost them, just put them in;
3. This is the key step. Mix 2tbsp of flour and 1 and a half cups of water in a bowl. This is for the amount of 6 big dumplings or 8 regular size dumplings. Pour the flour water into the pan till the dumplings are at least half covered. If you have big frozen dumplings, you need more water so that they can be fully cooked;
4. Lid on, let them cook in medium high heat. In this way, the dumplings are cooked, steamed and fried in the pan;
5. When there’s no liquid in the pan and the edges turn golden brown, turn off the heat. Shake the pan to see if the bottom stick to the pan;
6. Cover the pan with the serving plate and flip the pan quickly to make the bottom up. Garnish with chopped spring onion and toasted sesame seeds;
7. They are delicious enough but you could make a dipping sauce. I like a combination of chili oil, light soy sauce, black vinegar and garlic.