Fried Tofu and Shrimp in Oyster Sauce
There are some quick and nutritious home dishes I usually make in busy working days. This tofu dish is one of them, which I could make all year round with the simplest ingredients that can be obtained easily. It only takes a few minutes to prepare and cook.
Fried silky tofu, 4 small pieces or 1 big piece, cut into big cubes;
Shrimp, fresh or frozen, 10;
Bak Choy, a bunch, any green vegetables are good;
Light soy sauce;
How to do –
1. In a deep pot, put in plenty of water and a big chunk of ginger, bring to boil. While at the same time, prepare everything, it won’t take much time in cooking;
2. When the water is boiling, add a generous pinch of salt in and blanch the Bak Choy, for about 1 minute. Drain and set aside;
3. In a frying pan, add about 2tbsp of oil in the pan, put in tofu, ginger slices and shrimps, pan fry in medium high heat;
4. Prepare the sauce. In a mixing bowl, add in 2tbsp of oyster sauce, 2 tbsp of light soy sauce, half tbsp of starch flour, 4tbsp of water, mix well;
5. Pour the sauce mixture into the pan, lid covered and let the tofu and shrimp simmer and absorb flavour from the sauce, for 2 minutes. Then turn up the heat, thicken the sauce a little;
6. Set the Bak Choy in a serving plate. Pour the tofu and shrimp on top of the vegetable.