Stir-fried Garlicky Spaghetti
In another work-at-home day for two, I still look for food options in my fridge and cupboard this noon. There are usually not much left after weekend, no vegetable at all. Cooking rice takes time so I think a quick noodle would be possible.
Spaghetti, 2 portions;
Bacon, 2 pieces, cut into small pieces;
Egg, 2, whisked well;
Garlic, 5 cloves, finely chopped, about 2tbsp;
Dry red chili, 5, finely chopped, about 2tbsp;
Salt, olive oil, paprika, black pepper.
How to do –
1. Cook the pasta in a large pot and add a generous pinch of salt in the water. Drain and set aside;
2. Add 3tbsp of olive oil in hot pan, add in bacon, and fry till golden crispy;
3. Add in the garlic and chili flakes, fry till fragrant;
4. Add pasta in the pan and fry with the bacon mixture, flip and stir till they mix well. Have a taste and season with salt and black pepper;
5. Pour the egg onto the pasta and turn off the heat. Mix well and the heat would set the egg immediately;
6. Garnish with a pinch of paprika on top and drizzle a little olive oil.
You can replace spaghetti with linguine or angel hair. Get to know different types of dry chili in your local market. Oil or fat can boost the aroma of spiciness in garlic and chili so I add a lot more olive oil than usual in this recipe.