It’s the last day of the holiday and is stormy today, so we would stay home for a hearty brunch. I learnt how to make this courgett pancake from a school friend in Beijing. It’s a very common and popular breakfast in North China.
Courgett, 2, shredded, for better texture, I shredded one half thinly and the other half roughly;
2 cloves of garlic, mashed;
Aged sorghum vinegar, 2tbsp;
Light soy sauce, half tbsp.
How to do –
1. Mix the shredded courgettes with the salt, wait for a few minutes and you would see liquid released from the courgette;
2. Whisk one egg and mix with the courgette;
3. Add in flour gradually, mix well with the courgette mixture till the batter is thickened and can stick to the mixing spoon;
4. Oil in pan and pan-fry double sides in medium high heat;
5. Make a dipping with mashed garlic, vinegar and soy sauce.
The pancakes are soft and savoury, super tasty. There are kids don’t like vegetables and I think veggie pancakes are good solutions.